If you’re looking for the ideal air conditioning system for your house, there are several options available on the market. There are many types of air conditioners, but window or split air conditioners are among the most popular. The problem is, with so many features and models on the market, how do you choose the one that’s right for you? To help you decide which system is best for you, we compare window vs split AC systems side-by-side in this blog post.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Window vs Split Air Conditioners
- Which is better window or split AC?
- Cost Comparison of Window vs Split AC
- Factors to consider when choosing between Window vs Split Air Conditioner
- Here are some tips for keeping both types of Air Conditioners in good condition
- Conclusion – Window vs Split AC
Introduction to Window vs Split Air Conditioners
You can choose between window and split air conditioners to cool your home during the hot summer months. But the question is, which one is right for you?
Don’t worry; here, we bring a side-by-side comparison of the window and split air conditioners to help you decide which is right for your home or office. Find out below which type of AC unit will work best for you by reading about each one’s features and benefits.
Window Air Conditioners
One of the most popular types of air conditioners in the Indian market is the Window AC. The biggest reason for the popularity of these ACs is that they are budget-friendly as well as easy to install, thereby making them a great option for budget-conscious customers.
Do you know what the best thing about window air conditioners is? They can be installed in any window regardless of the AC size. Also, installing a window air conditioner doesn’t require any changes to your existing ductwork, so if you don’t want to renovate your room, these ACs can be a good option for you.
However, after all these achievements, it is important to note that window air conditioners tend to be noisier than split ACs. Also, they block the natural light from the room’s windows.
Split Air Conditioners
As you all know, in today’s time, due to the floors system in India, there is no provision of windows in the rooms of most of the houses, due to which window ACs are not successful in those houses.
To overcome this problem, one of the most popular types of air conditioners in the market is the split air conditioner. Split air conditioners are energy efficient and have relatively quiet operation.
Which is better window or split AC?
Pros and Cons of Window ACs
March to September is that time of the year in India when you don’t really feel like opening a window or turning on a fan because that breeze is unable to cool you down enough. We need AC at home or the office to avoid this hot air! For those who don’t have a central AC system, window units provide the most straightforward solution. But, these ACs are great in many ways and also have some drawbacks, which we will mention below.
1. Easy to Install: Window ACs can be installed quickly and easily, without the need for professional help.
2. More economical: Window ACs are generally more economical than split ACs or central ACs.
3. Take up less space: Window ACs do not take up much space, making them a great option for small rooms or spaces.
1. Limited coverage: Window ACs only cool the area immediately around them, so they may not be suitable for large rooms or spaces.
2. Can be noisy: Some window ACs can be quite noisy, which can be disruptive if you are trying to sleep or concentrate.
3. May leak water: If not installed or maintained properly, window ACs may leak water inside your home, causing damage to your floors or furniture.
Pros and Cons of Split ACs
Split ACs have emerged as a boon for homeowners or business owners who seek the right balance of service, flexibility and cost savings in ACs. While they provide the expected comfort. Some of the best results are achieved through split AC.
Window ACs have been in vogue inside the home since the 1970s, and today more people are choosing trendy split systems instead of antiquated air conditioning units.
1. Split ACs are more energy efficient than conventional ACs, which means less burden on your pocket regarding monthly utility bills.
2. Split ACs are very quiet, making them ideal for bedrooms and other rooms where you want to create a peaceful environment.
3. In the past, air conditioning units were very difficult to clean because they were heavy and large. In contrast, today’s modern split systems adorn your room in the form of high wall-mounted interior modules.
1. They can be more expensive to buy than traditional units.
2. If one of the units breaks or malfunctions in a split AC, it can be more difficult and expensive to repair than a conventional unit.
Cost Comparison of Window vs Split AC
When comparing the cost of window and split ACs, there are a few factors to consider. It is important to consider not only the initial cost of the unit but also the ongoing maintenance costs.
1. A window air conditioner is typically less expensive than a split air conditioner. Moreover, they are easier to install, so you can save on installation costs by doing it yourself. Despite this, window air conditioners can be more difficult to maintain due to their greater exposure to the elements. The cost of split AC units is higher up front, but they are easier to maintain and last longer than window AC units.
2. The best way to compare window and split ACs is to look at their total cost of ownership over their lifespans. As a result of all of the costs associated with each type of unit, split ACs are generally more expensive than window ACs. Split air conditioners, however, tend to provide better cooling performance and energy efficiency so they may be well worth the extra cost in the long run.
Factors to consider when choosing between Window vs Split Air Conditioner
You need to consider several factors when deciding whether to install a window or split AC. The following comparison helps you decide which is best for you:
Cost: Split air conditioners are typically more expensive than window air conditioners.
Installation: Window air conditioners require less installation effort than split air conditioners.
Size: Split air conditioners are available in a wide range of sizes in the Indian market, so you can choose the size of split AC that suits you best in terms of looks.
Efficiency: Split air conditioners are more energy efficient than window air conditioners, saving your pocket.
Here are some tips for keeping both types of Air Conditioners in good condition
Whether your air conditioner is a window unit or a split unit, you should follow these maintenance tips:
1. Ensure that the air filter is cleaned or replaced regularly. Maintaining a clean air filter in your home, protects your family from harmful particles and ensures the AC unit runs efficiently.
2. Keep the area around the AC unit clean. Which ensures that the AC unit runs more efficiently and protects it from any possible damage.
3. Ensure the AC unit is in good condition by inspecting it regularly. Whenever there are any problems, have them repaired immediately by a qualified technician.
Conclusion – Window vs Split AC
Hope this comparison of window and split AC has helped you in making your decision. Before buying, it is important to consider the size of your room, your budget and the type of amenities. Ultimately, it’s important to find an air conditioner that will keep your home comfortable all year round.
We have done many AC reviews with great care and after that, we have rated Hitachi 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC (RSRG518HFEOZ1) as the best. Click this link to know about it.
I like to do proper research about any appliance or electronics product before buying it, so that I can choose the best product for my home. The biggest reason for creating this blog is that I can share my research results with you. So that, after you read it, you can also choose the best product for yourself.